My Morning Jacket Live at Madison Square Garden on 2008-12-31
- My Morning Jacket
1. intro music - What Are You Doing New Years Eve
2. Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) *
3. Evil Urges *
4. Off The Record
6. The Way That He Sings
7. Thank You Too
8. I'm Amazed
9. Golden ^
11. You're All I Need (marvin gaye) * +
12. Express Yourself (charles wright) *
13. Wonderful Man
14. Lay Low
15. Phone Went West
Disc 2/Set 1(cont):
16. Look At You
18. Smoking from Shootin->
19. Touch Me Part 2->
20. Run Thru
21. The Wanderer (Dion) *
22. Dancefloors *
Disc 3/Set 2:
1. new years' countdown
2. Celebration (kool & the gang) *
3. Get Down On It (kool & the gang) *
4. Wordless Chorus
5. Highly Suspicious
7. Islands in the Stream (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers) +
8. Bring It on Home to Me (Sam Cooke) *
9. Cold Sweat (James Brown)*
11. One Big Holiday
12. Auld Lang Syne (sung by Jim James over a prerecorded backing track)
13. outro music - We'll Meet Again
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|intro music - What Are You Doing New Years Eve|
|Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) *|
|Evil Urges *|
|Off The Record|
|The Way That He Sings|
|Thank You Too|
|You're All I Need (marvin gaye) * +|
|Express Yourself (charles wright) *|
|Phone Went West|
|Look At You|
|Smoking from Shootin->|
|Touch Me Part 2->|
|The Wanderer (Dion) *|
|new years' countdown|
|Celebration (kool & the gang) *|
|Get Down On It (kool & the gang) *|
|Islands in the Stream (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers) +|
|Bring It on Home to Me (Sam Cooke) *|
|Cold Sweat (James Brown)*|
|One Big Holiday|
|Auld Lang Syne (sung by Jim James over a prerecorded backing track)|
|outro music - We'll Meet Again|
* = w/horn section consisting of Stephen Bernstein on trumpet, Jeff Coffin on saxophone, plus Oscar Otterstrom and David Pietro on trombone and saxophone
+ = w/Nicole Atkins on vocals
^ = w/Will Johnson (Monsters Of Folk) on guitar
There is a higher quality 24 bit version of this recording at http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-12-31.flac24
Follow me on Twitter to track my near-daily postings of FREE live music and concert photography: http://www.twitter.com/scott_bernstein
Or become a "fan" on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Bernsteins-Live-Music-Photos-Page/166706713365451
Check out the album of photos I took at the show:
|My Morning Jacket, MSG, 2008-12-31|
- 2009-01-02 23:38:35
- Neumann TLM-170 (hypercard, Section 6, Row H - FOB, very slightly right of center aisle) -> Sound Devices 722(@24/96); FLAC File processing in SoundForge Audio Studio 9.0c (did my best to remove some LOUD balloon pops in the 2nd set; Peak Level Normalize to 0db; resample to 44.1 with interpolation accuracy 4, anti-alias filter; 24->16 bit highpass triangular dither with high pass contour noise shaping); Tracked in cdwav
- New York, NY
- Taped by
- Scott Bernstein
- Transferred by
- Scott Bernstein
- Madison Square Garden
Here's a short review of the show from Spin.
Subject: THIS SHOW IS THE S***!
Subject: more thanks...
Subject: Praise for the Taper
Great FOB sound and a great show.
Subject: Bernie rocks!
Subject: Bring It On Home indeed!
And great choice of cover songs too...Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home To Me"...wow! Oddly, I had just heard the song performed a few nights earlier by this rockin' band out of NYC called Leroy Justice. Apparently they play it a ton. Of course, the great Archive has a recording of that show too...
Subject: Disc tracking recoommendations
As for disc tracking recommendations, check my setlist at the top or the .txt file -- I've got all the tracking done for you.
Subject: Excellent! Couple of minor setlist corrections
S1T20: Run Through should start earlier, part of it is on the end of S1T19.
Also, any recommendations on how to track it out on to disc?
The sound that night was spot on for MSG & this recording proves that.
Excellent recording of what i thought was one of the best shows i was ever at.
Love this band, they mix so many different types of music & do it so well.
Thanks again, cant wait to listen to this agian.
Subject: Awesome Show! Thank You kind Sir.
What are you doing NYE? Into Move on Up!!
This an all-skate, everyone skates!
Charlie Chaplin/Little Dictator during intermission.
The White Ties & Tails (AlA clockwork orange droogs).
Run Thru! One Big Holiday! Touch Me!
My friggin' heads gonna explode - AGAIN!
Subject: BEST CONCERT ON THE PLANET
Subject: Thank You
Uploaded by scott_bernstein on